There are many techniques that advertising companies use to attract customers and to create a particular image for their products and brands.
These include devices like symbolism, images, words, humour and connections.
Of course companies always have to keep in mind their target audience and what appeals to the people who will be purchasing their products.
1) Please go through the powerpoint to the left.
2) Find images of 4 or 5 ads that you would like to analyze.
3) On paper first, fill out the "Analyzing an Ad" with your partners. Use this as a way to jot down notes about your ad.
4) Highlight the important parts (only one or two words) that summarize the main point of each section.
5) Go to this link: Animoto and create a mini movie to show me your findings. When this is complete, send it to my email address: email@example.com
Click Here for Animoto Example
(or copy and paste this into browser) https://animoto.com/play/IDNMTBxcnLbDH7oe9VYJfw
6) Please pass in your written work and your mini video by Friday January 23rd.
7) Don't forget your names. Videos will be posted to the website to share.